Here's a preview of our Christmas-card photo. I didn't post the actual photo, but it looks an awful lot like the photos in this post. I had the kids all dressed in coordinating outfits and tried and tried to get a shot of them together. Daddy was at work, and as it turns out, photographing two kids at this age is a two-person affair. So, off we went to see Santa and then came home to change before heading to the park for Emma Grace's birthday party. Well, wouldn't you know, Osten fell off a low platform and got his first fat lip. Later that night, just for kicks and to demonstrate to Tom how difficult it is to photograph children, I snapped a few shots in front of our tree. I was just sure they wouldn't be "Christmas-card worthy," so I didn't bother to insist that Osten remove the bandaid from his forehead. Well, of course, we got some great shots, and it's too late in the season to be picky! By the way, there is nothing under the bandaid in case you've noticed it at his hairline. It was a total negotiation tactic to get Osten into the car one day last week when we were running especially late. So, in this shot, they are looking at Daddy, who is cracking them up! (If I could remember what he was doing, I swear I would divulge the details!)
Look at those cheeks! Doesn't Osten look like he's giving a word-to-the-wise to Marci? He sometimes takes his role as the big brother so seariously!
Marci can't stop smiling! And Osten is mesmorized by these beads. Of course, since they are a choking hazard for Marci, they are especially appealing.
Open wide! By the way, I confiscated the beads right after this shot, and they are back up in the attic until next year.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment