Saturday, January 31, 2009

Money in the Bank

A couple of weeks ago, Osten and I made a bank out of an old coffee tin. Surprisingly, it has become one of his favorite toys, and he loves to dump his money out and place each bill and coin one-by-one through the little slot on the top. We haven't done an official tally lately, but I'd venture to guess that his little bank has amassed a grand fortune of almost five dollars by now. Anyway, since his bank is getting so much play time, we decided that it was time to get fancy and craft a custom-made cover for the coffee tin.

Since crayons and especially his new scissors are another favorite pasttime, Osten was fully onboard with this project. Of course, he's not such a fan of having his picture taken lately, so I had to grab a couple of shots of him on the sly. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good shot of the finished product, but something tells me that his bank will make frequent appearances on this blog since he plays with it so much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: