After one last paci hurrah and a few final photo opps, we instituted Operation "Paci Rehab" late Saturday afternoon. After months of unsuccessfully attempting a slow weaning, we decided to take the "cold turkey" approach. It was not a pretty sight, and it was definitely a group effort. Every time I was ready to cave and run into Marci's room with her paci in hand, Tom would talk me down. As fate would have it, I wound up with the dreadful stomach bug that has been going around town, and I spent much of the night running back and forth to the bathroom. It was the perfect distraction. Meanwhile, Marci did remarkably well soothing herself to sleep with nothing but Parker-piggie and her white noise machine. She certainly shed some tears, and it was INCREDIBLY difficult to withhold her pacifier, but she did it! To say that we are proud of her is to put it lightly. What a little trooper!
This shot right here is the absolute final one of Marci with her paci. It seems so fitting that she's holding Daddy's beer. Did I mention that pacifier retirement has been rough on the whole family??!!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I see that Marci is willingly giving up her paci for another vice! :)
Post a Comment