Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Royal Rite of Passage

I threw in the towel last week, and we had our first official fast-food experience. I knew it was overdue when I took the kids through a drive-thru a couple of weeks ago, and Osten was totally perplexed. He kept asking where we were and what we were doing. When he heard the woman's voice come over the drive-thru intercom, he kept looking for her and asking where she was. Anyway, it made me think that it was high time for a royal rite of passage.

It really wasn't an intentional denial, I guess we're just more likely to hit the mall food court than a drive-thru or stand-alone fast-food joint. Anyway, we are now big fans of our local Burger King, which we have hit not once but twice this week! (Osten likes a little ketchup with his nuggets and fries!) As an added bonus, there is an indoor playground that is surprisingly clean. And our wallets are happy, too. A whopping $10 (punny!) fed all four of us this past Sunday, and thanks to the all-weather playground, Daddy and I had a few minutes to chat while the kids burned off some of their seemingly never-ending supply of energy.

I guess I took a few pictures of them in their crowns . . . before I knew it, they had both turned the other cheek!


Marci is still enjoying her crown and even wore it into Kroger when we stopped to get a few groceries on our way home tonight. But lest you think she is all grins and giggles, something set her off when we got back to the car, and the little princess screamed and writhed in her car seat all the way home. Sigh. Well, at least she waited until we got to the car!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: