Friday, August 20, 2010

Career Aspirations

I always love to ask children what they want to be when they grow up because their answers are always so interesting. Tom and I have asked our children this question a number of times recently, but they haven't been forthcoming with any answers until this morning. We were in the bathroom (where we still spend quite a bit of time these days as Marci is working so hard to surpass the potty-training hurdle), and I asked Osten what he wanted to be when he grew up. With the most serious look on his face, he looked me in the eye and said he wanted to be Santa. Marci whole-heartedly agreed that this would be a good career choice for her as well. Then they gave it a little more thought. (I'm not exactly sure that they completely grasp the concept which almost makes it more fun to hear their thoughts on the subject). Osten decided that he wanted to be Boba Fett, and Marci decided that she wanted to be a princess. Well, at least we won't have to worry about them planning a move to the North Pole!

No comments: