Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Ultimate Insult

Marci has been on a roll lately telling me all kinds of stories when I pick her up from school. Most of the time, it's hard to separate the truth from her increasingly active imagination. Needless to say, her stories are always entertaining.

Recently, as we were pulling out of her school's parking lot, she told me that one of her best little buddies, Helena, wasn't playing nicely.

"Did Helena not share with you today?" I asked her.

"No, Mommy, she was being mean," she replied.

"Well, what did she do, honey?" I inquired.

"Um, she said, she said, she said," she stalled, as she will often do when her imagination is hard at work.

"Um.........She said that I'm not going to get married, and, she said, she said, um, um, um......she said that I'm not brave," she stammered with a grin.

No comments: