Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Barber Shop Beauty

We went to the barber shop this afternoon to get Osten a much-needed back-to-school haircut. Marci, of course, was along for the ride or so I thought. After a short wait, the owner of the shop called us back for our turn. Marci marched herself right in front of her brother and climbed into the chair. By the time Osten and I caught up to her, she already had the cape around her neck and was telling the barber that she wanted a haircut!


Earlier in the day, I had been telling her that it was time for her (finally!) to get her first cut. Her little locks really took a beating from all of the cholorine and salt water this summer, and her ends were looking more than a little frayed! I promised her that after Osten started school I would take her for a special first haircut at a fun kids salon (something along the lines of what we did for Osten). Au contraire! I took one look at her in that chair, and I knew there was no convincing her to wait another minute for a new 'do. As she looked at me with those big, brown, strong-willed eyes, I could tell she had waited long enough to be the one to get a haircut!


And here she is in the second-best seat in the barber shop and looking mighty coiffed! Those crossed legs (um, when/why/how did she start doing that??!!) almost make me wonder if she's going on 4 or 14! Sigh . . . where, oh where does the time go??!! On a more practical/economical note, I have to meniton that the barber only charged me for a half haircut (a mere $6!!) since he basically just cleaned up all of her ends. So on second thought, even at full price I'm thinking the barber shop is our best bet from here on out. She's got plenty of time for fancy salons later on! And the barber shop has a Ms. Pac-Man game and a female name to boot. Yes, I think I'll continue to take both kids to Christy's Barber for as long as I can get away with it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: