And to think, I thought nothing could be cuter than all of those mispronunciations they encountered as they exited the babbling stage. Yes, I think these vernacular ventures are my favorite. Definitely!
Friday, October 14, 2011
Lovely Language
Now that our kids have gotten a handle on the English language, they've begun to venture into the vernacular. Oh, what fun! Marci and Osten both seem to have a penchant for adverbs, especially ones ending in -ly. They'll come running to tell me that the other one has done something "on purposely." And when we're in a hurry, they'll regularly ask me if they need to go "fastly." They also like to sprinkle their everyday exchanges with an irregularly placed "actually." For example, "Mommy, can I have something to drink, actually?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so cute. Noah is big on the "actually" too. Hearing him say it just brings a smile to my face.
Post a Comment