We're hitting the potty training again. This past Saturday morning, Osten came out of his room suited up and ready for action. Here he is ... clad in his favorite muscle shirt, his big boy underwear and plastic pants (for furniture protection more than style) and his rain boots (which are fun to wear and are good for pooling any potential puddles, if you know what I mean!) Oops - I almost forgot to mention his two Curious George bandaids, which are actually covering honest-to-goodness skinned knees. Anyway, when Osten came out of his room in this get-up, I just knew that today was going to be the day. Oh, it was a day alright, but not the one for which I was hoping! And so goes another entry in "The Potty Chronicles" which apparently is an epic in the making!
After at least a half dozen unsuccessful trips to the potty in rapid succession, Osten took matters into his own hands and tried to get things moving south.
Marci, who I swear is wise beyond her years, steered clear of the potty-training attempts and kept herself busy with one of her favorite hand-me-down toys. She is getting pretty good at standing and is close to being able to balance on her feet all by herself. She is also just about ready to crawl, but hasn't quite put herself in motion yet although she is able to scoot around the room on her bottom pretty well.
And here we have a completely-unnecessary-but-adamently-insisted-upon courtesy flush. After a nearly two-hour battle of wills and at least eight unsuccessful attempts on the potty, we had an accident in the living room. Thank God for plastic pants and rain boots and most especially for a new laundry room with a big utility sink!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment