Osten: Mommy, can I touch that shadow?
me: Sure.
Osten: Can I touch that shadow's head?
me: Bookshelves don't have heads, honey.
Osten: Will that shadow talk to me, Mommy?
me: Probably not.
Osten: How come that shadow doesn't have shoes, Mommy?
me: Good question, honey.
From the bookshelf, we moved on to his own shadow. I showed him how he could spread his arms out and wave them around, and he was thrilled to watch his shadow mimic his movements on the blinds of his bedroom window. He even peeked behind the blinds at one point and exclaimed, "but Mommy, there's no one out there!" It was so cute and sweet, all at the same time. I made some shadow animals for him, and he enjoyed adding the grizzly sound effects as dogs, tigers and wolves attacked the bookshelf. Here's hoping for many more nights of shadow fun!
"Oh, I'm being followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow
Leapin' and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow"
No comments:
Post a Comment