Saturday, September 5, 2009

Skittle Skattle

Skittles are all the rage in our house these days! Osten had his last swim class this week, and I told the kids we could do a little something special afterwards to celebrate. I was thinking that they would probably want to go to Burger King, but after discussing it amongst themselves (so cute!!) they decided that they wanted candy. We stopped at the little gas station right outside our neighborhood, and they excitedly walked inside with me to choose a sugary treat. They each picked a bag of Skittles, and for less than $2 we were on our way. Of course, the real trick was to convince them to be good listeners and wait until after we swam to eat their candy. They were remarkably compliant.

As it turns out, Skittles can inspire amazing things. Just the other day, Marci got a hold of my chapstick while we were in the car on the way home from the grocery store. She was teasing up a storm with that chapstick and absolutely refused to share it with her brother. Osten and I both begged and pleaded with her, all to no avail. I mean, I tried anything and everything I could think of to convince her to give Osten a turn with the chapstick. She was unconvinced. Then I remembered the Skittles. I told her that if she wouldn't share, I was going to give Osten some Skittles when we got home and he wasn't going to have to share. She handed over that chapstick like it was a hot potato! It caught me so off-guard, I burst out laughing.

Skittles. They're powerful stuff in our house (at least for now)!

1 comment:

Miss Tea said...

Awesome! I love skittles too! I'll have to show them how to make a skittle flower :) Maybe on the video phone this week? I'm so excited!!