Friday, June 25, 2010

Backseat Chit-Chat

I love listening to my kids chit-chat in the backseat when I'm driving and they think I'm not paying attention. Just the other day, they were having quite a discussion about mommies and daddies and families in general. Occasionally, they would ask me a question, but mostly they were just talking to each other. In his new-found, big-brother voice of authority, I overheard Osten say:

"Marci, you can be the mommy, and I'll be the daddy. And we can both have husbands!"

It's moments like these that make me look forward to our next road trip! Kids just seem to have the best conversations in the car. I'm so glad that we haven't yet succumbed to the distraction of a portable DVD player. I think we'll protect our good, old-fashioned road trips as long as possible and enjoy every sweet, little discussion between our ever-increasingly chatty children!

No comments: