Our new swingset was finally delivered on Friday, and life (or more accurately, bath time) will never be quite the same! We've got a bit of a dirt problem in the backyard and have quickly discovered that we need to invest in some dirt-reducing mulch. In the meantime, the kids are having a filthy ball! Would you look at those feet!!
And this little girl went down the slide face first and wound up with a Charlie Chaplin dirt mustache! (I also discovered this afternoon that she apparently has a penchant for symmetry. She and her brother got into the band-aids, and she insisted that hers be applied symmetrically!! Oh, my . . . )
Marci was so giddy that she was literally running around in circles and falling down all over the place. I've never seen her quite that rambunctious. After about an hour, the kids were covered in dirt from head to toe! Daddy stripped them at the back door, while I drew their bath.
It was all smiles until we had to start scrubbing those knees!! I had forgotten how much dirt likes to cling to little kids' bodies. They both got a little squirmy in the tub as we scrubbed them. It reminded me of many a "hurts so good" bath from my own childhood!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
There is nothing like reading about these two precious children and having a laugh to distract me from a bad day! :)
Post a Comment