Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Early Morning Goings On

So what were you doing at 1:12 this morning? I can tell you exactly what I was doing. Sleeping. As in sound asleep--possibly even sawing logs--absolutely and completely lights out to the world. But a certain little boy in our house was awakened for one reason or another, at which time he noticed that Lamby was nowhere to be found. Neither Daddy nor I was stirred by the pitter-patter of little feet as they carried a concerned little boy to the side of my bed. (In the two-plus years that he's been in a bed, he has never once made a middle of the night appearance in our bedroom!) In any event, I was roused by the sweet tap, tap, tap of a little finger poking the side of my arm and the desperate announcement that went something like this: "Mommy, I can't find Lamby. Lamby's not in my bed." Well, there may as well have been a fire in the house! I popped out of bed and with a little boy on my heels, we made a beeline to the family room where I seem to have recalled a lone Lamby being left on the couch. Sure enough, there he was silently awaiting discovery. Osten scooped him up immediately and buried his face in his well-worn coat. I carried the two of the them back to bed, and we'll never know who fell back to sleep quicker, but there was nary another peep or poke until morning!

No comments: