Monday, November 16, 2009

This Little Finger

Marci has developed a signature finger. Besides her purse--which she has recently decided to tote along with her wherever she goes--it is her best accessory. On Sunday mornings, when I come back from getting the kids from communion, she comes walking back into church just a shushing away with that little finger glued to her lips. One of her other recently acquired trademarks is flinging that finger up in the air as she leaves the room with her pre-departure announcement, "I'll be right back."

But I think yesterday's finger action was best of all. Daddy and I were making dinner, and Osten was in his room for a time out. I had a couple of pots simmering on the stove and Daddy was outside manning the grill, so Marci accompanied me to Osten's room for our customary "time-out talk." As I was talking to Osten, I noticed a garbled echo in the room. I looked to my side, and there was Marci wagging that finger at Osten and trying her best to repeat everything I was saying.

No comments: